Altius offer a greater choice of Turf so your students have a greater choice of Sports
Schools want to give students a greater choice of sports, in order to engage more children in physical activity. However, providing the right sports facilities requires space and funding which is at a premium at many schools.
Altius offer durable artificial grass turfs for three core applications in schools:
Altius artificial grass sports and landscape turfs have been adding value to primary and secondary schools around the country for over twenty-eight years. And schools are seeing the benefits of synthetic turf for a range of applications, keeping costs and maintenance to a minimum while maximising the use of precious space.
- Altius’s short-pile multi-sport turfs which are designed to produce outstanding performance for various sports, including all court games (tennis, basketball, netball), cricket wickets and hockey. These sports surfaces extend the number of sports you can offer your students with only one court
- Synthetic grasses for field sports that have been developed especially for rugby, football, AFL, futsal and cricket outfields. These longer pile multi-sport turfs have the same playing characteristics as natural turf fields, with many intrinsic benefits for schools.
- Altius landscape grasses form fresh, smooth lawns that are extremely hard wearing in traffic areas, and attractive in garden settings.
Altius multi-sports turfs
Suitable for: Tennis, Netball, Basketball, Hockey, Football, Junior Cricket
Altius multi-sport courts extend the usability of sports facilities and numbers of students playing sports on one top quality sports turf. The versatility of top-quality multi-sport surfaces benefits schools in several ways:
- Altius all-weather multi-sports fields have line markings for several different sports giving students choice, encouraging more students to play sports
- Your school can field more teams with better practice facilities in all seasons and maintain your training and competition schedules.
- The courts are bright, clean and attractive, reflecting a healthy school culture.
- Altius sports surfaces are highly durable and will stand up to long hours of play for many years.
Altius sports systems for field sports
Suitable for: Football, Futsal, Rugby, Cricket outfields
Grass sports fields can cause headaches for schools, drying out to hard dusty, often slippery, summer surfaces, becoming muddy mires in the winter months just when they are in demand. Constant maintenance is required to keep these fields playable and safe: mowing, rolling, spraying, irrigating, drainage, and re-applying marking paint. No surprises then that international football and hockey are now often played on artificial grass turfs, and practice facilities use synthetic grass for consistent playing conditions that are not dependent upon the weather. Our field sport turfs closely resemble natural grass pitches, but offer more benefits for schools:
- Your teams can play their best game safely in all conditions on an even, stable all-weather surface.
- Training and game schedules are not compromised because of poor weather or poor field conditions.
- Non-abrasive, softer, longer yarn grass allows players to tackle and side-step at speed safely.
- Our synthetic fields are comfortable for players, absorbing the accumulated impact of hours of hard practice and reducing the risk of stress injuries.
- The fields are permanently marked up for several field sports, and can include a cricket pitch, practice wickets and a running track around the perimeter of the field.
- The consistency of the surface enables players to develop their skills confidently and safely without disruption.
Altius hockey fields
Suitable for: Hockey, Tennis, Netball, Basketball, Junior Football
Hockey is tremendously popular in schools and in the community. Investing in an all-weather top quality Altius hockey pitch adds lasting value to your school. Years of research and consultation resulted in the development of Altius WETT Pro and Evo Pro, both world-class hockey surfaces recognised by the international hockey community for their star qualities. Both can be used wet or dry. Altius’s Trophy is another excellent hockey surface, which is also accredited for tennis. All are extremely durable, high performance multi-sport synthetic turfs, accredited by ITF and FIH.
Some tangible benefits for your school include:
- Students can practise skills and techniques on their technically engineered hockey surface designed with player safety in mind.
- The Altius yarn used for hockey pitches is free of grain, allowing the ball and stick to move across the surface evenly in any direction, allowing players to practise stick skills and use them in competitions.
- Practice timetables and competitions can be planned with confidence on our weather-safe surfaces with disruption from weather events significantly reduced.
- Irrigated pitches can be constructed with reticulated drainage built into the sub-structure to retain the water for reuse.
- Our hockey pitches have been engineered for high performance and are FIH accredited. The school could host national competitions, adding funds to your school budget.
- Altius hockey installations are carried out professionally and designed to last for many years of intensive play.
- You will find that your hockey pitch will be busy most days and evenings as more students take up the game, and local clubs and business teams take advantage of your outstanding facility.
Altius artificial grass for cricket and athletics
Suitable for: Cricket and Athletics
Cricket wickets were one of the first turf’s Altius developed when we started business in 1981. For over 36 years Altius has specialised in synthetic turf cricket wickets, responding to changes within the game, and in consultation with the cricket community.
- We produce synthetic cricket surfaces for every level of play, from junior schools to international levels. Projects include cricket wickets, batting cages, bowlers run ups, outfields, indoor cricket facilities with practice nets and cricket winter covers.
- For schools fielding teams at national standard, indoor cricket training wickets allow early morning and evening coaching sessions under cover all year round.
- Indoor cricket training wickets can also be designed to accommodate coaching sessions for netball, volleyball, tennis and football.
- The same field can also accommodate athletics with sprint tracks, long jumps and permanently marked up running tracks around the perimeter.
Cheerful, easy-care interactive playgrounds
Suitable for: Junior school and pre-schools playgrounds
TigerPlay and our other playground surfaces are practical, all-weather systems which can include colourful graphics and activities on the surface itself. These are designed by the school and Altius to provide learning opportunities, the development physical skills, and interactive play amongst groups of students. With minimal care, our colourful playgrounds remain bright and cheerful for years of daily use, safe for children in sunshine or rain, and irresistible for even the shyest students. Altius playground surfaces can be laid underneath playground equipment with special cushioning pads beneath the surface. These have been tested against “Critical Fall Height” regulations to provide “soft fall” for up to 3 metres. Our playgrounds exceed government safety standards, and we take particular care with the safety of all playgrounds we install in schools and playgrounds.
Altius landscape grasses revolutionise school playgrounds
Suitable for: Playgrounds, lawn areas, general beautification
Altius landscape lawns are the answer to many school ground woes. Deceptively hardy, Altius landscape lawns make once dull, scuffed shabby areas functional and beautiful. Envy XWR 35 is an attractive, yet durable, landscape grass Altius has developed for just this purpose. Students and staff find our landscape settings relaxing and refreshing for tired minds.
- Our synthetic lawns offer many benefits that overcome the problems related to natural grass in busy school grounds such as worn, muddy areas, debris carried indoors, or lack of outdoor chill out zones for students.
- Our landscape grasses can replace hard surfaces with lush green lawns inviting students to relax with a book, chat with friends or perhaps finish homework.
- A Altius synthetic lawn is also a practical area for classroom group work, creating a gentle ambience conducive to peaceful discussion.
- Altius’s landscape lawns are also perfect alongside fields and pools, along banks for comfortable, informal seating for spectators and for alfresco theatre practices and productions, while harmonising with the natural landscape.
Ask Altius to advise you on the right synthetic sports system for your school. Altius uses yarn produced exclusively by TenCate Grass, the top producer of artificial grass yarn in the world. Our long-lasting synthetic turfs have been designed for playing performance at the top level of every sport. Some of our products are specialised for particular sports, others have been manufactured with the qualities required for several sports, designed for schools, family courts and community sports clubs.